2019 Resolution Run & Polar Plunge SWAG and Finishers Medal Sneak Peak
Join us as we get the new year started with a splash!
We’re hosting a 5k run, 1 mile dash, and for the grand finale.... a gulf coast polar plunge (splash)! Race one or be bold and brave the cold for all 3 events. As always, you can be assured great SWAG, great party, great fun,
and as always it’s all for a great cause. The run will benefit The Hancock County Canine Operation and the
proceeds form the Polar Plunge will go to Southern Mississippi Aquatic Krewe (SMAK), our local
masters swim club.
All pre-registered 5k and 1 mile participants are eligible for long sleeve shirts and finishers medal as well as entry to our catered after party. All plungers receive a special “survivor t-shirt” and unique medal to commemorate their event.
5k: Cash Awards for overall M/F, Masters M/F
Top 3 each Age Group (seen AG below)
20 and under, 21-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-55, 56-60, 61-65, 66-70, 71 and above
1 Mile: Top Overall M & F for ages 14 & Under
POLAR PLUNGE FAQ AND TIPS
Q. When will we actually take the plunge?
A. Once the 5k and mile runs are done and awards have been handed out-
Q. Can I run and plunge?
A. Absolutely! Double the SWAG + double the fun- there are multiple registration options
Q. What are the rules?
A. Plungers must submerge their entire body (yes, including their head, into the water). You can tread out as deep as necessary and lay down or just run out and go under. Your choice. No wetsuits or other protective clothing are allowed, though footwear is recommended. Costumes are a fun way to celebrate and encouraged. We'll have divers out there keeping an eye on things- Give em' a high 5 and head back in!
Below are some tips from folks who have plunged in MUCH colder waters:
- Do Not enter this event if you have high blood pressure and/or heart conditions that will put you at risk when you are immersed in cold water. If you have a heart problem...please just come and watch.
- Do Not drink alcohol prior to this event. Alcohol does not warm you up and it accelerates hypothermia.
- Do Not stay in the water longer than 15 minutes. Body heat is lost 25 times faster in water than in air.
- Do Not remove your clothing until swim time.
- Do bring a warm change of clothes, socks, shoes, hat, and blanket for post-plunge warm up
- Have fun and enjoy the craziness of the moment!!
Follow the series Facebook Page for the latest updates